Sports Massage focuses on the deeper layers of the muscle tissue. This massage uses slower strokes and more intense pressure than remedial massage. This allows the therapist to focus on treating the specific muscles that are causing your symptoms. The technique is used to ease aches and pains whilst promoting the correct movement of a muscle.
Sports Massage is the manipulation of the soft tissue that can focus on muscles relevant to a particular sport or activity. Consequently it is used to prepare or recover for exercise and to aid recovery from injury. Furthermore sports massage is able to stretch specific areas of soft tissue in all possible directions, in a way that may not be possible in functional exercise. It also effectively increases lymphatic drainage and blood flow to a muscle. As a result this enhances levels of oxygen and remove toxins such as lactic acid.
Other Benefits of include:
- Increased muscular flexibility
- Increased joint range of motion
- Improved recovery from sports injuries
- Increased circulation for tight and fatigued muscles
- Reduces tension
- Releases endorphins
- Increased neurological excitability
- Readies the body for activity
Sports Massage can be used to treat:
- Muscle or tendon injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Chronic pain conditions
- Muscle tension and inflammation
- Stress or body tension
- Scar tissue
You do not need to partake in exercise or sport to feel the benefits of a this type of massage.
If you would like to book an appointment please contact us on 01933 664444 or email@example.com.